Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
AM I infected with any STD?
An_256963 posted:
Hi,

I am a 36 year male working in Doha; I am totally worried about the resent happening in my health conditions as I am totally sick from 22nd of March. It started with small tingling and burning in my foot, morning pain in my foot (The first step pain) and after 2 days it came to my palm also (Tingling).
I reached Doha in June 2013 and I had an unprotected sex with a lady (Pilipino, She says she is a Nurse in a Qatari Family) on 29th August 2013 and I don't have any kind of discomfort after this and has continued this relation two more times like 3rd September and 6th November 2013.After that there is no contact happened. ( I did my Medical test for resident permit in Doha on 17th September which after 18 days of the contact, this includes test like HIV which was negative and I got my resident permit also).
From 22nd March 2014 (After 140 days of the last contact ) I have experienced the above mentioned tingling in my foot and I waited two more days whether it will go without any treatment, unfortunately it has not gone and extended to my palms also.
On 25th March I have visited in a privet hospital and met an urologist and he treated with Uvamin 75mg, Epimag for one week after checking my urine routine which was normal.
Since the situation continued after one week, I visited the same Doctor again and checked my blood sugar (RBS) which was normal and treated me with Omiz 20mg with Tavanic 500mg.I told him the above unprotected sex and the Doctor said no there is no chance of getting infected here and so on.
In another one week the tingling and burning moved to my entire body and I started fearing of any kind of STD. on 06th April I visited another Doctor in Hamad Hospital which is under the Government of Qatar for a detailed checkup and the Dr. there checked my Urine routine and Blood sugar and he said there is something wrong (a Blood content I think - I am not sure) in my urine and treated with Ciprofloxacin 500mg, Orinal eff.gran 5mg and Mulltivitamins. I have discussed the unprotected sex with him and Dr said we will try with theses medicines in a week. (my BP on that day was 90/160)
I gone for one more week and I have suffered with entire body pain, fatigue, right hand join pain, neck pain, burning after going toilet and burning in scrotum and a severe chest pain like a cardiac arrest etc.
I have visited the same doctor again on 12th April and he took my chest X — ray and said normal and according to him also he said there is no chance of STD.He treated with another set of tablets like Pregabalin 75mg for 10 days.(BP on that day was 90/140).
I visited Dr again on 22nd April as my condition was almost same and he treated with Celecoxib 200mg, Ranitidine HCL 150 mg for 3 days.
I have visited the Dr. Again on 26th April and he did my FBS and found that there is a bit high in FBS. I had a small burning sensation in my kidney also (above the penis and from yesterday there some burning after urination)
I don't have any other contact with any other lady and so I have checked with the lady I contacted and she said she don't have any kind of STD and she never finds any symptoms also. Is these are any symptoms of any Kind of STD I dint find any kind of genetic rashes and figure problems yet please advise what to do next.

georgiagail responded:
None of your symptoms have anything to do with HIV.

Gail

chiranilkumar replied to georgiagail's response:
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your immediate response, I had fatigue for more than one month from 22nd March till 26th of April 2014 and from yesterday I feel OK (But still I have small foot tingling and burning after urination some time) I am worried that the last one month fatigue may an ARS related to the infection and I heard that more than one month fatigue can be any kind of STD like HIV as the body reacts against the virus.
The symptom I had was like entire body pain, fatigue, no energy level, right hand wrist pain( Only One day) , morning first step pains( all days till today), neck pain, tingling in my foot and palm, burning after going toilet( Some time only) and burning in scrotum( Some time only) and a severe chest pain like a cardiac arrest(This was only for one day) etc
Can you please help to clear this up for me.

georgiagail replied to chiranilkumar's response:
The symptoms of ARS are described as "flu like" in nature. They occur two to six weeks after transmission and last (like the regular flu) for about two weeks. They do not include wrist pain, foot tingling, burning after urination or severe chest pain.

Gail

Dear Sir,

Thanks again, when do ARS symptoms generally start? What are the major symptoms of ARS? If my symptoms are not ARS what could be this.

Kindly advice.

I've explained when ARS starts and what these symptoms are like in the post above.

I have no idea the cause of your current symptoms.

Gail

Dear Sir,
Sorry to bother you again, with respect your reply regarding the flu, I do remember that after my first contact with the lady (30 august 2013) I had a fever (after 48 hrs. of the first contact). And I happened to visit a Doctor on 01st September 2013 Dr. treated me with some antibiotic and the fever gone with in another two days.
My second contact happened with this lady was on 3rd September 2013 and I do remember I had a fever again on 02.10.2013 (Exactly after one month) and I visited the same doctor and he treated for fever with Panadoladvance Tab 96's, Fexodine 180mg tab 14's, Prospan Cough Syrup and Zinoximor 500 mg Tab 14's.The fever gone as a normal fever with in another 2 days.
After this two fever in consecutive months (01.09.2013 and 02.10.2013) I have never experienced any kind of sick or uneasiness and the third contact with the lady was on 6th November 2013 and I don't remember any sickness or symptoms after this contact till 22nd March 2014 (140 days after the last contact)
Fevers are normal for me as every 6 month I will have a fever because of the climate change or other reason so I did not have a think of any infection on these time and I have no other symptoms of HIV on these two fever periods also.
Can you please consider these situations also to analyze my case.
Many thanks in advance.

We do not attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms. Only by testing.

Go get another HIV blood test. Report the results back to us.

Gail

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your response, kindly understand that I am in Doha and the HIV test results are handling very crucially here and there is a chance of deporting from the country.
This is the reason why i am seeking advice and suggestion from you. Please understand. And I have the below clarification to you sir.
1.Can ARS begin after 18 weeks from exposure?
2.My last contact with the lady was 6th November 2013 and I don't remember any kind of uneasiness after this till 22nd March. I heard that the ARS will come within 2 to 6 weeks of the post contact is it so what is my symptom which comes after 140 days of the contact.
3.I have still some fatigue (even after 150 days) what could be this.
4. Is all these could be an anxiety syndrome?

ARS occurs 2 to 6 weeks after transmission. If you have symptoms at 18 weeks, it's due to something else that has nothing to do with HIV.

Most of the folks who post here worried that they have HIV (even those who test over and over again with negative results) have anxiety over this disease. Some seem to have great difficulty accepting the great news that their test results have clearly shown they are HIV negative.

Gail

Dear Sir,
I really appreciate your kind time to reply, I too don't understand the reason of these symptoms and I am worried. I heard the fact up to 95% cases are detected through testing within 4-6 weeks after an exposure, in my case I did my first clinical test ( for the Resident permit in Qatar) in 18th days of the first exposure and 15 days after the second exposure( Both same lady) and finds negative.
Is it a trustful result why I am confused is that my third exposure with the same lady (SHE SAYS SHE DON'T HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS YET — I AM NOT SURE) was on 6th November 2013 and ARS as mentioned before started after 18 weeks ie 22nd march.
Many thanks

chiranilkumar replied to chiranilkumar's response:
Dear Sir,

Can you please respond my last query, i am really waiting for your kind response.

many thanks

While it is true that up to 95 percent of newly infected folks will have a "reactive" (i.e. positive) test result by 4 weeks post transmission, the recommended time period for testing is 3 months (90 days) after an event).

Again, we do NOT attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms so it doesn't matter what you see as symptoms...or whether your partner notes NO symptoms. Only testing after the required time period can give one the accurate picture of their status.

Gail

Dear Sir,
Your reply is very much reliable and million thanks for your effort to find time for my queries, meanwhile I humbly request you to answer the below clarifications please as I am unable to test the same here in this country.
1. 1) I have still Burning in scrotum and anus (Even after 6 months of the last exposure — 06.11.2013) and some Uneasiness in my lower abdomen. As I said earlier
2. 2)I have a blurred vision ( only at the time of watching TV and unable to read the scrolling and writings from 6mtrs)
3. 3)One day fatigue another day active. What kind of situation could be this?
4. 4) Is there any history of ARS which comes after 14 days of the exposure?

Plz help. Much appreciated

I have no idea what is the cause of the burning in your scrotum and anus, your blurred vision or your fatigue that comes and goes. Sorry.

ARS shows up two to six weeks after the initial tranmission.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.