Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Worried sick literally
pipatel posted:
My bare penis was exposed to the inside of a promiscuois girls vagina for a few minutes I'm 17 she's 18, she's the town whore(not trying to be disrespectful) I did this out of pure curiosity and I withdrew because I realized quickly the mistake I was making. Now I've tested 4 times: 4 weeks after: negative oraquick 10 weeks: negative oraquick 11 weeks: negative oraquick 12 weeks: negative oraquick

Now I am concerned about the accuracy of these tests, because of some things ive read on a website called "poz", it was in the " I tested poz" forum and there was a guy who claimed he had two oraquick a after 5 months at the doctor and they were both negative but then he says he got sick and went back the same day and tested pos on western blot of course he was gay. But that's irrelevant . But that really scarred me not scared but SCARRED and now I'm having every symptom especially small glands in my groin. And everywhere else on my body and this reaccuring pain in the left side of my buttock and thigh area and hip. All I wanted was to one day have kids but now that dream had ended because i have a gut feeling I've contracted this virus . I'd also like to ask when they say most people test pos between 2-8 weeks how do they know this ? And why do the oraquick makers say the test is only accurate at 3 months ONLY. Thanks

georgiagail responded:
The recommended time period for ALL antibody screening tests is 3 months. This has nothing to do with the tests but rather the fact that it may take the immune system that long to produce enough antibodies to be picked up by these current testing methods.

If you have trouble accepting your negative test results using the Oraquick test, go get a blood test.

And frankly, keep your "wandering" penis away from those "town whores", even out of curiosity unless you adequately cover it with a latex condom. Even assuming your partner is HIV positive, the virus cannot cross an intact latex barrier.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.