Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
86 days
An_255579 posted:
Is an Oraquick gum swab conclusive at 86 days? I have taken the test at 4,6,9,11 weeks and am going crazy wanting to take another, is this necessary?

georgiagail responded:
Stop going crazy (and stop testing!). There would be absolutely no difference in the outcome of a test taken at 86 days and one taken at the "magic" 90 day mark.

I'm going to assume ALL these tests have come back as negative, correct? Stop spending money on more tests! Go out and use the money to celebrate your negative status! I'd suggest chocolate!

Gail

An_255579 replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail,

I have not taken the 86 day test. I have taken 4,6,9, and 11, all negative via Oraquick gum swab. Today is 86 days and I want to take another one. Should I take one today or let it go?

georgiagail replied to An_255579's response:
Take the last one at 90 days and accept the test result, OK?

Gail

seriouslyscared replied to georgiagail's response:
I will TRY to wait that long. Since it was negative at 11 weeks, is it likely that the result will still be negative?

I know some sites say 12 weeks and I have passed that already, but have not tested since 11th week to the day.

georgiagail replied to seriouslyscared's response:
Yes, it is HIGHLY likely the test result will still be negative.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.