Skip to content
scared someone injected me with hiv
ericstressed posted:
hey i am scared someone injected me with a syringe filled with hiv blood because i went to a party and felt so drunk that i completely blacked out and fell asleep on the couch. this party was filled with alot of people some who were sketchy looking. i know i shouldnt have gotten so drunk but i felt as if someone roofied my beer because people said i just passed out cold on the couch and one guy even said he had to check my pulse cuz he said i looked like i was dead. anyways the next day i woke up not remembering anything and with a dotlike marks on my arm near my vein. i am scared someone saw the oppurtunity to come up to me and be like hey im going to give this boy hiv in his sleep and noone will know because everyone is drunk. so someone please tell me is that logical to happen i have had this dot on my arm for a few days now and it hurt when i woke up help! im scared i have hiv now
FirstPrevious12NextLast

georgiagail responded:
It is highly unlikely anything of this sort happened.

Even if you were completely passed out you would have woken up if someone has stuck a needle in your arm. Having seen drunks in the ER fight when we try to get an IV into them, you can trust me on this one.

Nobody walks around with syringes full of HIV sticking them into folks. That's an urban legend.

You're at far greater danger from your drinking than you are from complete strangers walking around with syringes full of HIV sticking them into people.

Gail

ericstressed replied to georgiagail's response:
ok well then what should i do just forget that i was infected i have been feeling very sick weight loss stressed hot flashes feeling like im going to pass out all the time weak my mind is telling me someone did this and when i was passed out at the party, someone said that people were lke slapping me trying to get me to wake up but i didnt budge or move or show a sign that i was there, so how would i know if i would wake up if i was inserted very slwoly a needle with hiv blood? i cant help but get this thought and be ocd about it sigh i hope i dont have hiv i hope ur right gail

georgiagail replied to ericstressed's response:
If folks were around you trying to slap you awake, someone would surely have seen someone injecting a needle into you if this had happened.

You can always get tested at the three month mark after the date of this party. When you get your negative test result this should help you put this concern over HIV behind you.

Gail

so basically even if they werent slapping me trying to wake me up u dont think anyone would be that crazy to inject hiv blood into a blacked out drunk at a party?

Correct.

First of all, one would have to GET HIV infected blood. You just don't buy this in WalMart. You'd have to find an HIV positive person and talk them into getting stuck themselves and giving up some of their blood. Second, all these "horror" stories one might read about HIV laden needles in coin return slots in phone booths, stuck on bus seats, etc. are just urban legends that circulate around the internet sometimes for years. None of this stuff really happens but people tend to repeat these stories as "fact" and then it scares us.

Gail

well i asked the guy if he poked me and he wont respond to any of my facebook messages and even told me he was out to get me i just went to the beach and now i have a sore throat the first day i slept in his car with him and im afraid cuz i was on a kolonopin and afraid i wouldnt wake up if i got stabbed with a needle is it possible if someone is infected with hiv that they would carry a syringe around just to insert it slowly into me without me waking up to infect me because they didnt want to be alone with hiv? i hope this guy i barely knew didnt infect me with hiv

"is it possible if someone is infected with HIV that they would carry a syringe around just to insert it slowly into me without me waking up"....

No.

Take a needle. Or a pin. Stick yourself with it. Even asleep or knocked out you'd feel this. Please stop worrying about all of this.

Gail

ok thanks Gail im just been so stressed over this idea lately because of the facebook messages so im going to show u them.....
Talk to me after you take ur meds.my meds for what?meds for what man? Cause you have aids...u gave me aids?!not cool It wasnt my ideau still did it to me thanks You did it to yourselfno u just said i aids cause u injected me with aids

ericstressed replied to ericstressed's response:
is he just joking i kkept asking him if he injected me and he said all that? then he said he didnt do anything so idk what to beleieve are u sure i would wake up gail even if i was intoxicated>?

"are u sure I would wake up even if I was intoxicated?"

Yes.

"is he just joking".

Perhaps. Seems like a cruel joke though. People are often cruel.

What you should do to stop worrying about this.

1. Get tested at the 90 day mark. Do you need to? No. Should you? Yes but only to put all these worries aside and see that nice big NEGATIVE test result.

2. Stop drinking so heavily that you pass out at parties. It's OK to get a little tipsy but when you drink so much you pass out that alone can be dangerous (there are cases of people dying from vomiting while passed out and then choking on their vomit).

Gail

when i asked if he was just joking u said "perhaps" which means that u r unsure somewhat if he was being serious or just joking? but thanks gail so if i dont get tested then i wont die from hiv because i mostlikely dont have it?

For pete's sake, you weren't stuck with a needle containing HIV and thus you won't die from HIV from this event. Honest.

Gail

then what do u think these marks on my forearm are i see like a dot like marks with enrty points where a needle could have gone in my mind tells me its a needle mark cuz it looks like a syringe went in there like when u go get ur blood taken at the hospital it looks exactly liek that!

You have not listened to anything I have written.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.