Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Home OraQuick test
An_255579 posted:
I have taken 3 oraquick tests. The ones that you swab your gums with. I got three negative results. 9 weeks, 11 weeks and 12 weeks. Is there a chance that I got three false negative? I had some symptoms at around week 2, and I currently have a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck/throat that has been there for a couple weeks. I had a cbc, cmp, thyroid, etc (normal blood work physical ) done and all was normal. should i test again?

georgiagail responded:
There is no chance for three false negative results. The oraquick test is very easy to use; it was designed to be so.

Any test done at least 12 weeks after a potential exposure is considered to be both definitive and conclusive in it's accuracy.

This means you are HIV negative.

Gail

georgiagail replied to georgiagail's response:
And look; you can keep posting regarding all this testing, you can keep spending money buying yet more tests, or you can accept that the results ARE accurate and you are HIV negative, put these concerns behind you and move on.

What is the healthiest choice?

Gail

seriouslyscared replied to georgiagail's response:
I'm sorry, I'm just very nervous. I have read that many people get false negatives, and it makes me even more nervous. I am sorry to bother you but you are correct, I need to trust my results and move on. I have spent a lot of money on tests. It's just scary. That being said, I'll be taking the last one, since I already purchased it, at 14 weeks and a couple days, assuming it's negative, I'll move on from this. Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Encouragement for those who are worried
I gained a lot of reassurance reading this board over the last week and I just wanted to post my own experience to hopefully ease the minds ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.