Skip to content
Family member's had HIV maintained now for 22 years, but now worrying...
An_257499 posted:
My family member is now getting random symptoms, breaking out in rashes, developing pink eye from out of nowhere... Should I worry that the HIV is progressing towards AIDS? When do symptoms begin? After it's already gone over to AIDS or before?

I'm freaking out, he had stopped his antivirals "on weekends", and it affected his levels, they were down a little.

He also recently sliced part of his finger by breaking glass to get in his home, he had stitches and now they're pulled out, he's treating with hydrogen peroxide, only. My concern is if this experience could weaken his immune system?

He's also getting older in years, don't know if this also affects?

georgiagail responded:
No one on an internet board can tell you whether your family member is progressing toward AIDS. Pink eye is a pretty common eye ailment, especially in children.

Using hydrogen peroxide to treat a cut will not weaken his immune system.

We have many older HIV positive patients. Many do well with their disease. If they pass away, it tends to be from something that has absolutely nothing to do with HIV for example, heart disease associated with old age.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Help asap
My daughter disclosed to me that she was exposed to HIV. She denies that he has been tested for HIV. He also is not high risk. She told me ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.