Skip to content
vein or just tissue
ericstressed posted:
Hey I just want to know if does someone het infected with hiv only if an infected needle goes into their vein or can it happen like in your stomach o wish I could post a pic on here because I woke up with a mark on my stomach and I hope to,God it's not a,needle mark like u guys said it wasn't and that you are 100 percent sure so because I even asked my roommate who I barely know and he just laughed and said I can give u hiv if I wanted to I know friends who have it may be I,should give u hiv so u will shuttup so you know u have it sigh now I am freaked out the scab dot on my stomach is from him it looks nothing like a bite or zit I'm losing my mind
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ericstressed responded:
How do I post a picture of the mark on here? I woke up with a mark on my stomach that I am worried about, my mind keeps telling me that someone poked my stomach with hiv is this a real way of transmission? In the stomach? Or does it have to be in the vein? I have been having coincidental cases of thinking about hiv and then my friends or random people will all of a sudden crack jokes about it or ilk walk down the street and see an aids walk sign like it's a signal that I have it? Help

ericstressed replied to ericstressed's response:
Gail?

dskman responded:
What makes you think their are people with HIV laced needles going around infecting other intentionally. I really think this sounds like some mental health problem. Please talk to your doctors about this fear.

georgiagail replied to dskman's response:
Eric...

We've been through this discussion several times before. You would not sleep through someone poking you with a needle. In addition, the idea that folks go around sticking others with HIV tainted needles just isn't logical.

Your mind is running away with these impossible scenarios and you believe them and when you try to have a serious talk with your friends about this they begin to kid you about this, making it worse.

These things are NOT happening. No body is sneaking around sticking you with HIV filled needles while you are sleeping (or drunk). Honest. Please believe this.

Gail

ericstressed replied to georgiagail's response:
Ok so even if the mark looks like a syringe mark on my stomach I should say stop silly mind and think it's a bug bite? Even though I've never had a bug bite look like this before and it's red and purple around it?

dskman replied to ericstressed's response:
Maybe you should see a doctor about these concerns.

ericstressed replied to dskman's response:
You mean maybe I should see a doctor about my mental health because I thought u meant maybe I should go to the doc about my stomach anyways so bottom line is if I don't shoot up and don't have unprotected sex then I don't have hiv and no one ever will inject me with hiv blood,just because they didn't like me?

So the reason why I am asking this is because the mark on my stomach looks like a syringe mark that's all. Do you know how syringe marks have a tiny opening puncture spot well now it's scabbed up like that with a black dot where it scanned in the center it is small circular with redness at first then lasted for a few days till now and now it a scanned up with a black dot in the center not to mention there was bruising around it also another thing is I stay with a guy that I told this about too am whenever I ask him if he shot me up with his he kinda studders and beats around the Bush like you can tell he is lying. So now why would someone not be worried about this?

So Gail u really don't think this mark would be a syringe mark? Even if I barely know my roommate and I woke up to a bloody scab?what would u think the mark is

georgiagail replied to ericstressed's response:
No, I do not think this is a syringe mark. I'm not sure how many times it bears repeating that folks don't go around stabbing others with HIV tainted needles while they sleep (and they sure wouldn't be sleeping if they got stabbed with anything!)

Gail

Ok so I went to the doc and he said this could be a syringe mark because it's tiny enough to be it and it's raised with an,entry wound that's what he said now what do I need testing now

Gail? What not

georgiagail replied to ericstressed's response:
No, you don't need testing for any real scare.

Yes, you need testing to finally put this worry out of your mind.

Does that make sense?

In other words, we can go 'round and 'round about this until we both are exhausted regarding this whole business. Perhaps getting a nice "negative" test result will help you put your fear to rest.

We often suggest testing for folks who just can't put the fear of HIV out of their minds on this site, even when we know there is no chance they can be HIV positive from any events they've reported here.

Gail

Well then why would the doctor say this looks like a syringe mark and asked me if I shoot up when I don't? So u r saying that I won't ever get poked in my sleep at all ever even if it looks like a syringe mark

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.