Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shortness of breath
teej080910 posted:
Good day,

I am experiencing shortness of breath lately, so I went to a pulmonary doctor but the doctor said that my heart rate and oxygen rate is normal. Could this be a symptom of HIV? Having shortness of breath for no reason? I hope to hear from you guys soon.

teej080910 responded:
Also no wheezing sound or abnormality in mu lungs and my heart as per the doctor.

georgiagail responded:
We do not attempt to diagnose HIV by symptoms. Only testing can determine what your HIV status is.

Why are you worried that this shortness of breath may be connected to HIV?

Gail

teej080910 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi Gail,

Thank you for your reply, Because the doctor cannot determine why i'm have shortness of my breath. Also I had a mucocele last month so I was so worried It was a sign of HIV connected to my shortness of breath. Is it possible that it is a symptom?

teej080910 replied to teej080910's response:
Also I had intercourse with a transgender last march but with a condom although I performed oral sex to her.

teej080910 replied to teej080910's response:
hope to here from you gail as soon as possible.

georgiagail replied to teej080910's response:
Unprotected oral sex carried an estimated risk of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since you cannot confirm this persons status.

If your condom was used accurately and did not break or tear your risk from this event was zero. The virus cannot cross an intact latex barrier.

A mucocele is not a symptom of HIV (neither is shortness of breath by the way)

Gail

teej080910 replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi gail,

Thank you again for your reply You have been very helpful thank you so much!

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 36 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.