Skip to content
Qra Quick
ahec123 posted:
In jan 2013 had unprotected sex with my boyfriend at the time and then in April with another person.. Unprotected. Only was a few minutes before I realized what I was doing. Didn't last long maybe a minute or so. After that didn't have sex for a while.. Started dating someone else.. We only had sex once..it was protected in October of 2013. I went in for a Pap smear and it came Back normal and no stds. She didn't test for hiv.. So I panicked since I have serve anexity and OCD. But a ora quick test on December 17, 2013. Did it correctly..I believe came back with a strong negative. That eased my mind for a few days bc.. The two encounters I had were pass the window period. It was 11 months for the one on jan 1st and 8 months for the in April. I still bought another on Jan 10th ..cause I was nervous. Still came bak negative. My question is the two times I had unprotected sex was pass the 6 month make? Should I test again? I started freaking out cause I became itchy some red marks/rash looking showed up on my legs/arms lasted for a few minutes at went away. And I now have two ulcers.. But I did eat two bags of sunflower seeds this weekend.. So maybe that's why I have them. But what scares me is every time I think about gettting HIV I become itchy and red. I haven't had any partners since OCT of 2013. Should I test again? I'm also on my menstral cycle.. Read that you can get ulcers from that? Also been getting ulcers since I was a kid. And you can get them from stress.. Which I'm very worried/stressed about this. So if it was more than 6months since the unprotected sex? Is that correct that I would be negative for both test? And also.. What about the red skin? Also red woman are more prone to ulcers during menstrual cycle. Please someone help me realize it's my anxiety talking. It's ruining my life.

georgiagail responded:
There is no need for further testing. You are clearly HIV negative.

When you say you have ulcers, this would seem to imply herpes type lesions (are this oral lesions). These are caused by a different virus and have nothing to do with HIV. Most of us carry this virus, having picked this up in childhood.

Gail

ahec123 replied to georgiagail's response:
I meant to say canker sores. I didn't really worry until I found online that it said, "if you have canker sores and a rash of some sort" it can be caused by HIV. Which freaks me out. But I also saw that canker sores can be caused by anexity/monthly cycle/ stress. So even with my last sexual encounter being protected.. I tested around 2months and 27 days. Is that still too early? I keep telling myself since it's been more that since I did both the test and being both negative.. I'm negative. But the fact that it was completely the 3 months scares me. I try to tell myself since January was 11 months and in April it was 8 months it would have shown up on both the test if I were positive. I should stop researching things. Thanks so much for your response.

georgiagail replied to ahec123's response:
Yes, canker sores can be caused from stress.

And yes, you ARE HIV negative.

Gail

Should I buy another test? Is there a chance that this could be a false negative??

No, there is no need for another test and there is no chance this is a false negative test result.

Are you getting therapy or medical help for your anxiety and OCD?

Gail

My insurance doesn't cover it. I tell myself that I dot have it, but my anexity keeps telling I need to get tested and that I'm positive. I have no symptoms, but those canker sores which I been getting since a child . I keep telling myself that I'm not positive, but it's scary. I haven't had any encounters only the ones I told you about. Is there anyway to overcome this? And there is no way it could a false positive?

Thanks for your reponses.

I have no idea how to overcome either anxiety or OCD over a disease you do not have. If both were bad enough, I'd suggest therapy even if insurance didn't cover this. Who wants to live their life consumed by the fear of a disease that testing has CLEARLY shown they do not have? Who wants to worry that every "symptom" must mean they are infected?

And no, there is no way it could be a "false positive".

Gail

I meant false negative. It's literally making me sick. I feel like all this is making me literally sick. Idk why can't I accept that I am negative. It's scary.

Accept your test results or seek therapy to help you get over this anxiety.

Gail

I'm trying too. I'm taking medication.. Still helping me though. When your brain goes Ito anexity mood.. No getiing it out! I will make an appointment to meet with a doctor to see what I can do. I will have to try to stop researching symptoms. I have heard symptoms meaning nothing.. The only way of finding out is by testing which I have.. Twice which was negative. It's horrible feeling.. I am probably going to die with all this stress on my shoulders. It's not healthy.

ahec123 replied to ahec123's response:
Just a little update.. My OCD gave in bought another ora quick test which came out be negative. I however made a promise to myself that it's just my OCD.. Not a false negative. I have research a lot of oraquick and saw that they are very reliable. It has been 9 months since my last sexual I counter which was (protected) and over a year and 4 months for my (unprotected) encounter. I have made a promise to myself that I am HIV negative and to accept my results.. And also to move on with my life. I told myself that if I were HIV positive the ora quick would have picked it up.. Since I'm wayyy passed the window period. I just wanna say how grateful I am for this forum and for you taking the time out to answer my question. You have eased my mind a lot. Thank you very much.

Just a little update.. My OCD gave in bought another ora quick test which came out be negative. I however made a promise to myself that it's just my OCD.. Not a false negative. I have research a lot of oraquick and saw that they are very reliable. It has been 9 months since my last sexual I counter which was (protected) and over a year and 4 months for my (unprotected) encounter. I have made a promise to myself that I am HIV negative and to accept my results.. And also to move on with my life. I told myself that if I were HIV positive the ora quick would have picked it up.. Since I'm wayyy passed the window period. I just wanna say how grateful I am for this forum and for you taking the time out to answer my question. You have eased my mind a lot. Thank you very much.

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.