Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Why is the Oraquick test so popular?
dskman posted:
Here almost all or all of the clinics use it, including the only free clinic. Most don't have any other test available for people. It would be nice if other testing options were available, seems to be an over reliance on a test that hasn't been proven 100%.

georgiagail responded:
The OraQuick has been determined to be an accurate method of HIV testing.

You, on the other hand, are simply determined to believe you must be HIV positive although your only risk involved oral sex and all your tests so far have shown your HIV negative status.

At some point it is hoped you will accept that these negative tests are not due to testing inaccuracies or an immune system that is slow to develop antibodies but the real reason; you are HIV negative.

Gail

dskman replied to georgiagail's response:
I assume it is because I am still in the 3 month window period. The 4/5 week test was negative, but that is still early. I will test next week at 6/7 weeks. I was going to test weekly, but it is getting costly to test.

georgiagail replied to dskman's response:
By 4 weeks (closer to 25 days) up to 95 percent of newly infected folks will have a positive screening result.

Please keep in mind that your 4/5 week negative test result is very likely due to the fact that you are HIV negative and did not become infected through providing oral sex.

Gail

dskman replied to georgiagail's response:
Just did a 6/7 Week Test. This was negative again, I am thinking now it is about 50/50 that i am negative. I will wait for the 12 weeks to know for sure.

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.