Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HIV Guilty or paranoid or what?!
cajunscared posted:
Morning Gail. 2 years ago I had protected sex with 2 different guys both lasting approx 15 seconds which i was the top. They have both convinced me they were neg and one even showed me a test. Now I'm even doubting his test thinking he altered it. I read about people like me on here making up things in their heads. I'm married and the guilt is killing me. My dr told me I wasn't at risk since I used protection and no blood was present and it was such a short time period. I took an oraquick test a couple months ago. I took it in my car becshse I was too embarrassed to get down. It showed a faint C line after 20 min and no T. I was so relieved but now starting to question that. Think I'm good?

georgiagail responded:
You're not only good, you're great; especially in terms of your HIV status.

The "C" line in the OraQuick test is simply the control line. It's the "T" line that's the important one. No "T", no antibodies. No HIV. Simple as that.

What your physician told you was correct. Your sexual contact with both these partners was protected (and, I'm assuming the condom was used correctly and did not break or tear). Even if these partners were lying through their teeth regarding their status, the virus CANNOT cross an intact latex condom. No way, no how.

If you were married at the time of these events, what's really killing you is the guilt of stepping out of your marriage and you've somehow, got this all balled up with the idea that because of this perhaps you "deserve" HIV. But HIV transmission requires some very specific steps and it simply cannot pass through an intact latex condom. And it isn't a punishment for a behavior, it's just a disease and (luckily) one that's actually not all that easy to transmit to another human being.

Set the guilt aside and focus on what the test result has shown you....that you are HIV negative. Testing has clearly shown this.

Gail

cajunscared replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you. I just let my 'what if's' take over. I tell myself I did the test wrong and what if I just forgot if the condom slipped or broke. I had myself convinced that since I took the test in my car (even though I was very careful) that it could have affected the results.

georgiagail replied to cajunscared's response:
The OraQuick test is designed to be easy to use and foolproof.
You could probably take it while riding a roller coaster and not mess the test up.

"Forgot" the condom broke or slipped? A broken condom is really hard to miss.

Gail

Just like I thought I was doing ok after your response and now I woke up this morning with a little white bump inside my cheek and I have read so much I'm thinking that might be a symptom of hiv. Minor ulcer or should I worry?

Stop worrying.

Gail

I know you deal with ocd people constantly. So by you saying Stop Worrying, I assume that means after 2 years that a white spot in my cheek is not an hiv symptom ( no matter if it hurts a little) ?

Correct. That white spot on your cheek has absolutely nothing to do with HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Keep having Hope and faith, never give up and be positive
Hi, I would like to share my story. I've been HIV positive for 13 years and have been on MPWHerpes.com to meet my future husband. Well 24th ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.