Skip to content
Rapid ICT exam
An_257474 posted:
Hello, I am a 23 year old male from the Philippines, I had a rapid ict test for hiv 2 weeks ago. It was my ninthe or tenth week after my sexual intercourse. Although I used a condom for penetration. I did not used a condom orally to a transgender operated person. Luckily I tested negative. But I had rashes in my chest after my exam although the rashes are kind of gone now, and I was experiencing shortness of breath and pain in my chest. Is it possible that I just passed because the virus is not detectable that time? I hope I get a reply from you soon.

teej080910 responded:
Also I experienced itchiness or discomfort in my left ear, is it possible also that irritation of an ear is a symptom?

georgiagail replied to teej080910's response:
Oral sex (both giving and receiving) carries an EXTEMELY small risk of HIV transmission.

The statistics we use for estimated per-act risk are .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. For many, the risk is even lower than this extremely small risk since they cannot confirm their partners status.

The condom penetration was protected (and, I'm assuming the condom was used accurately and did not break or tear); thus even if your partner was HIV positive the virus could not be passed onto you.

Your itchy ear is not a symptom of HIV.

Although the recommended time period of testing is 12 weeks after a potential exposure, it is HIGHLY unlikely you would test negative at 9/10 weeks and positive at 12 from an oral sex "exposure".

Again, considering that up to 95 percent of newly infected folks will test positive by 4 weeks post exposure AND the fact your only "exposure" was oral sex (with the above "risk") I'd stop worrying about any of this.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Rashes from below
My biggest concern ever while having a girl in bed is hoping my rash doesn't show. At one point my own penis is cock blocking me by having ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.