Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    HIV+ and HEP-C+ for 17+ years
    bubbajay63 posted:
    Hello, I have been on cocktails for 17+ years and now approaching the date that my Liver specialist wanted me to get treatment for HEP-C. I have many of the long-term effects of the Cocktails now and I am worried that the new HEP-C medications will make me worse. I have also recently had a Heart Attack and I'm still going through Cardio Rehab for a few months yet. I have a more aggressive strain of HIV and had to change medications 4 times now. I don't have money or insurance that will pay for many of the non HIV treatments that I will require. Are there other resources for Heart Rehab funding and Hep-C treatments like I get for my HIV bills?
    georgiagail responded:
    Sorry; I am not knowledgeable enough in that area to know of any such resources. Is there a social worker connected with your rehabilitation program? They may be able to provide you with this information.


    Helpful Tips

    What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
    Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    27 of 40 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.