Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stripper Fingering
An_258389 posted:
Very simple. Went to strip club and fingered stripper for about ten minutes . Nothing else happened, no oral giving or receiving, no sex. Concern is that I have rheumatoid arthritis and take medicine for it, Humira and methotrexate. Would that lower by immune system and make me more likely to get HIV through this exposure? This happened 3 months ago. Had fever, swollen glands, sinus infection and athletes foot and itchy skin. Not all the sysmtops happened at once. Only thing that's missing from the typical HIV symptoms are a rash (not sure of you consider athletes foot that or not, since people who have HIV and those that don't seem to get it). Now I think I caught HIV through this accident. Afraid to have sex with wife

Outside of this episode, I have not had actual sex with anyone, so this would be my only exposure.

georgiagail responded:
Fingering someone would not transmit the virus to you.

There is no risk here.

The issue is not a low (or high) immune system. This issue is whether the virus can actually enter your system. Unless the stripper was HIV positive (of course) and you happened to have an open, bleeding wound on your finger at the time you "fingered" here, there was not risk. None. Nada. Zippo.

Stop worrying about this and go have sex with the wife. She's probably wondering why you won't.

Gail

steevo19 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for your feedback. You are totally right and she has been wondering and getting upset, but I was just freaking out so much because of the symptoms I have been having since the exposure.

I appreciate your feedback and all the w[a class="template-reply-post" id="exchange-post-enabled_A1" style="color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;" onclick="LoginCreatePost(this,'hiv-and-aids-exchange','3'); return false;"> ork you do here.

An_258389 replied to steevo19's response:
HI Gail. So some updates. I did take an oraquick test and it was negative at 4 months post my episode.

Since than my wife went for a routine physical and it said her WBC was low (her values from a year ago where normal). They re did the test and it was again low, so they are sending her to a hematologist for further study. I read that low wbc can be caused by HIV (we did have sex once since my exposure) , so could my test be wrong and i did get infected and give it to her? Should I re take the oraquick? Scared to death right now.

georgiagail replied to An_258389's response:
Your wife's low WBC has nothing to do with your fingering a stripper for 10 minutes.

Gail

steevo19 replied to georgiagail's response:
K. Just to confirm, I do not need to take another test than?

georgiagail replied to steevo19's response:
That is correct; you do not need further testing.

Gail

bigtar replied to georgiagail's response:
Hi, mate the risk is low, but you should get tested.

Look at me, i had no exposure and have so many symptoms.

My 13 week will be . I can feel my body shutting down and latent virus reactivation

georgiagail replied to bigtar's response:
Steevo19....No further testing is required. Your risk was not "low". It was non-existent. And your four month negative test result has confirmed this.

bigtar....it may be time for some serious counseling for you. In the meantime, please do not project your fears on others when there is no need to do so.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What steps to take if you test positive?Expert
Hello community, Dan, Gail and myself often answer questions around the potential risk of different exposures for those of you who are ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.