Skip to content
Help please
klinedyk posted:
I'm hoping to get an answer to a question? I had a negative HIV test 90 days out from any possible exposure. That was about a year ago. I have not engaged in any activity that would expose me to HIV since my last test. I've noticed a rash on my shin it is about inch 1/2 wide by 3 inches long a lite pink. It is near where I bork my leg once there is some scaring near the rash. It is not to itchy. I'm very worried this is HIV even though everything says its not. I can go for another test tomorrow but I realize that it will be negative but I read about HIV rashes and now I'm nervous. I was just hoping someone would reassure me that I'm being paranoid.

georgiagail responded:
This rash has nothing to do with HIV.

Your negative test result at the 90 day mark has clearly shown you are not HIV positive.

Besides, the rash seen in HIV tends to focus on the trunk area.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Coping With Anxiety & HIV Worry
Is HIV anxiety keeping you up at night? Are you finding yourself questioning every random act as an HIV risk? Don't let anxiety steal your ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.