Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Does anyone take Osteo Bi-flex with high blood pressure meds? Are they safe?
An_242558 posted:
I purchased Osteo Bi-flex today. I want to start taking them, because of joint pain. I figure I am getting old and it would help my joints. Can anyone tell me, can this affect my meds I am on now? I take htz 25mg and fosinopril 40mg.

BillH99 responded:
Is there any precautions on the Bi-flex about taking it if you have high BP?

Your pharmacist is the best one to ask about this.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here is a link that can give you drugs and medication information including side effects. Please do make sure your doctor is aware of all medication you take - prescription and non-prescription.

Drugs & Medication Guide

Haylen

Linda100054787 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Is there any HBP medication that does not cause weight gain and/or hair loss? None of the "reported" side effects mention hair loss (head, eyebrows & eye lashes), however, there are tons of HBP users who are suffering hair loss due to HBP meds, weight gain also--especially with beta-blockers. I keep creeping up in weight, scalp hair is thinning, and my eyebrows are practically nonexistant. I've had to try about thirteen different HBP meds but have unacceptable side effects. I am now on Carvedilol (beta-blocker) and still gaining weight and now scalp hair and brow thinning. I feel like just not taking any HBP meds at all!

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center