Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Does anyone take Osteo Bi-flex with high blood pressure meds? Are they safe?
An_242558 posted:
I purchased Osteo Bi-flex today. I want to start taking them, because of joint pain. I figure I am getting old and it would help my joints. Can anyone tell me, can this affect my meds I am on now? I take htz 25mg and fosinopril 40mg.

billh99 responded:
Is there any precautions on the Bi-flex about taking it if you have high BP?

Your pharmacist is the best one to ask about this.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here is a link that can give you drugs and medication information including side effects. Please do make sure your doctor is aware of all medication you take - prescription and non-prescription.

Drugs & Medication Guide

Haylen

Linda100054787 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Is there any HBP medication that does not cause weight gain and/or hair loss? None of the "reported" side effects mention hair loss (head, eyebrows & eye lashes), however, there are tons of HBP users who are suffering hair loss due to HBP meds, weight gain also--especially with beta-blockers. I keep creeping up in weight, scalp hair is thinning, and my eyebrows are practically nonexistant. I've had to try about thirteen different HBP meds but have unacceptable side effects. I am now on Carvedilol (beta-blocker) and still gaining weight and now scalp hair and brow thinning. I feel like just not taking any HBP meds at all!

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 19 found this helpful