Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

PLEASE HELPME!!
ldorman posted:
My GF has recently found out she has high blood pressure, has headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, chest pain and shortness of breath all of these symptoms.

I did a bit of digging after she "dropped to the floor unconscious randomly" and saw that she probably had a TIA Transient Ischemic Attack " mini stroke" - when she came to she had paralysis of her leg, sometimes her face or arm. Im really worried.

If she goes to the doctor this coming monday and they put her on high blood pressure medication can it cure all of the above? her blood pressure was 167/87...

billh99 responded:
No one can tell over the internet.

But getting the BP under control will greatly reduce the chance of having more.

And while alot of the symptoms do sound like TIA's I don't think that chest pains and SOB or typical.

If she is still having these symptoms or have another attack before she gets to the doctor call 911.

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center