Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

141/83 BP with 61bpm at 47 years old
An_243444 posted:
My blood pressure was measured this morning at 141/83 with a heart rate of 61bpm age 47. Is this something to be concerned about? I know the bottom number is ok, but not to sure about the top number.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Was it measured by your doctor? If so, did he mention that it was a concern?

Here's a guide to what your numbers mean:

High Blood Pressure Overview

FYI: A systolic blood pressure number of 140 or higher is considered to be hypertension, or high blood pressure.

Haylen

billh99 responded:
Ideally BP should be under 120/80. 141 is the very beginning of low blood pressure.

61 is a normal resting heart rate.

But BP will be vary a lot over the day and depending on what you have been doing.

To be diagnosed with hyptertension it needs to be high at 2 different times in the doctors office.

But 141 is high enough that you want to get it checked from time to time.

But it is low enough that a therapeutic lifestyle change (diet, losing weight if needed, and exercise) can most likely control it.

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center