Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

high blood pressure for women
debmarlar posted:
my blood pressure sometimes get 160 over 110 but usually run 140's over upper 90's what can I do to lower it? Im 50 and have no insurance. I have been taking Vita logic high blood pressure formula for about 9 months, is my pressure something to worry about or is it ok? help

billh99 responded:
Ideal BP is 115/75. Above 120/80 is pre-hypertension, Risk of strokes and heart disease starts above that. But typically treatment for it is not started until 140/90.

There are many generic BP meds that are available from WalMart for $10/90 days. A number of other pharmacies also have similar lists of meds.

You can go to a go to a walk in clinic for a nominal fee. Many Walgreens and CVS stores have them.

And there are free/reduced charge community clinics.

Other things that you can do is to lose weight if needed. And do regular aerobic exercise and some strength exercises.

And eat a healthy diet and specially watch the sodium (high in prepared and restaurant food) and eat food high in potassium.

debmarlar replied to billh99's response:
Thank you BillH99 for resonding I will go check out walmart to see what they have, thank you

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center