high blood pressure for women
debmarlar posted:
my blood pressure sometimes get 160 over 110 but usually run 140's over upper 90's what can I do to lower it? Im 50 and have no insurance. I have been taking Vita logic high blood pressure formula for about 9 months, is my pressure something to worry about or is it ok? help

billh99 responded:
Ideal BP is 115/75. Above 120/80 is pre-hypertension, Risk of strokes and heart disease starts above that. But typically treatment for it is not started until 140/90.

There are many generic BP meds that are available from WalMart for $10/90 days. A number of other pharmacies also have similar lists of meds.

You can go to a go to a walk in clinic for a nominal fee. Many Walgreens and CVS stores have them.

And there are free/reduced charge community clinics.

Other things that you can do is to lose weight if needed. And do regular aerobic exercise and some strength exercises.

And eat a healthy diet and specially watch the sodium (high in prepared and restaurant food) and eat food high in potassium.

debmarlar replied to billh99's response:
Thank you BillH99 for resonding I will go check out walmart to see what they have, thank you