Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

safe blood pressure levels
An_244012 posted:
In the UK,I am told that 140/85 is considered a safe measurement and not needing treatment.This is true in other countries too.In the US i20/75 is considered as the safe number.
Is there evidence then the the rate of strokes and heart attacks is higher in the rest of the world compared to the US?I believe the opposite is the case...
Why ten is the medical coimmunity promoting 120/75 and putting people over that on drugs? Is it to sell more drugs?Perhaps selling more drugs will help the economy?

billh99 responded:
In the UK,I am told that 140/85 is considered a safe measurement and not needing treatment.

I am not sure where you heard that, but the guildlines from the British Hypertensive Society don't agree.

http://www.bhsoc.org /

And here is the guildlines.

http://www.bhsoc.org/pdfs/Summary%20Guidelines%202004.pdf

Optimal <120 <80
Normal <130 <85
High normal 130-139 85-89
Hypertension
Grade 1 (mild) 140-159 90-99
Grade 2 (moderate) 160-179 100-109
Grade 3 (severe) "265180 "265110

This classification equates with those of the European Society of Hypertension6 and the World Health Organization-International Society of Hypertension7 and is based on clinic blood pressure and not values for ambulatory blood pressure measurement. Threshold blood pressure levels for the diagnosis of hypertension using self/home monitoring are greater than 135/85 mm Hg. For ambulatory monitoring 24 hour values are greater than 125/80 mm Hg. If systolic blood pressure and diastolic blood pressure fall into different categories the higher value should be taken for classification.

These are similar to the US designations except 120-139/80-89 is called pre-hypertensive.

An_244630 replied to billh99's response:
How Chinese People Treat High Blood Pressure with Surprising Powerful Herb Medicine/F01/F01

See how Chinese people treat high blood pressure easy way with traditional Chinese medicine, and you can do the same to jump out of the disease forver. Why I highly recommend this solution is because I was ever a patient and was recovered by surpring powerful Chinese herb medicine. This is the docotor below:

http://fiverr.com/tcmdoctor/give-you-traditional-chinese-medicine-recipe-to-cure-high-blood-pressure

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center