Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

blood pressure spikes
derfberger posted:
you all sound like me. Healthy as a horse until i went to Fl this winter.

Started to have dizzy, weak knee, pressure in the head feelings much like a bad sinus infection daily after having some dental work done on the way down requiring novacane,
not sure any connection.

Since saw an E N T sinuses clear

These all culminated in one night having partial blackout with black and red colors across my eyes. Thought i was having a stroke. Went to E r, all findings negative including C T. B P in ER was 160/100. Ruled out T I A

Got under care of internist, bought a B P meter. At one point had me on 40 mgs Lisinopril, a beta blocker and a CA blocker, plus the Cardura i take for B P H..

B P would still spike up to 170/80 and he's throw another pill at it.

Got tired of him treating the symptom and not the cause. Finally went to a cardio and he took me off everything and put me on 20 mgs Liinopril HTZT. In mean time saw a neurologist, might have been a Cerrebral T I A or due to poor posterior circulation in vetebral arteries from arthritus and herniated cervical disks.
Had a caratoid Ultra sound, echo cardiogram, and 24 he heart monitor, all negative..
Tonight just had another spell of almost fainting, 3 times. B P this morning was 126/69, during spell 177/80 pulse 95.

Got to be hormonal what else can set something off so fast.

Dr keeps saying adrenals and kidneys very rare yet recent lab tests on kidney function show high creatine

ppsue responded:
I can't believe someone else is experiencing the same thing as I am. I go to Kidney Doc on 30th of this month. Tired of blacking out and blood pressure going crazy, it makes me so sick! I also have spinal arthritis. After 4months of poor interest from my Doc he is finally concerned, may be tumor on adrenal, found extra artery growing off of main artery of Kidney with a tiny blockage in small artery. Might be problem??? This has been a wild ride and I wieh my Insurance company would allow the testing Docs want to do so I can get well. I wish you luck and will let you know what Kidney Doc says...should be interesting!

Helpful Tips

Blood pressure
I would like to know what couph medicine I can take with out my blood pressure going up. My dr gave me a inhaler, but sometimes it's not ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center