Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

high B.P.in the am
angel272559 posted:
I have been waking the past 2 wks. with a very high B.P. on avg.177/111. I have gone to the Dr. 3x this week they take my B.P. and it is on avg. 116/78.I have 3 B.P. machines i have tried ea. gives me the same readings.The Drs.say my blood work is fine,my health is fine I've been told to take my meds. at night bf. bed and no change.what could affect me during sleep??I am a left(ak) and have service related ptsd,I do not remember my dreams so I do not know if I am having nightmares.I do awaken completly alert and aware( hyper-aware and hyper-alert) with the sound of the ocean but now hard breathing,spots bf. my eyes,chest pains,discomfort or any signs of hypertension??

billh99 responded:
I've been told to take my meds. at night bf. bed and no change.

What meds are you on?

I am a left(ak)

???

with the sound of the ocean

Do you live by the ocean or do you mean that you are hearing noise in the ears (tinnitus).

but now hard breathing,spots bf. my eyes,chest pains,discomfort or any signs of hypertension?

Are you saying that you are waking up with all of those symptoms or did you mean to say you are not having those symptoms?

You might want to ask your doctor for a 24 or 48 hr ambulatory blood pressure test.

angel272559 replied to billh99's response:
I am a above the knee amputee.I take lisporil (10mgs),The sound is in my ears and no tinnitus.and no hypertension symptoms.

billh99 replied to angel272559's response:
I am not a medical professional and non respond in this forum.

But I think that the 24 hr ambulatory BP test is a good place to start.

After that maybe a visit with an ENT about the sound in the ears.

Or a sleep study where they monitor brain waves and not just breathing.

But those are only wild guesses.

angel272559 replied to billh99's response:
well bill i will see my pcp on monday,i am also am contemplating a doppler study to check for arterial blockage

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center