Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Losartan potassium generic
glojudd posted:
I am kind of new at this, but after looking up losartan and finding out so many people were having same problems as myself, I wanted to say a few things too. My doctor started me on cozaar one year ago 50 mg. a day. At first I was fine. B ut I guess because our ins. co. was not paying for that anymore, the walmart ppharmacy filled with generic potassium, & said nothing to me about it, I looked at bottles from before & it said cozaar 50 mg. , now I look at bottle & it is losartan potassium 50 mg. For the past couple months I have had very severe headaches, eye pain, chest pain, my doctor thought I was having migrane headaches & sinus infection & upper respitory infection & put me on anti-biotic, and migrane meds & another blood pressure med to take at bedtime, vverapamil 120mg er, pain med wwhich did not even touch severe headache. I have never in my life had a headache & eye pain like I have been having, and my heart pounding, severe neck pain in bback, back pain, stomach pain, leg cramps, bruising, etc. The list just goes on. Thank-you all for your input on webMD. If there is a class action suit, I will want to be a part of this, absolutely. I felt as if I was going to die for real.

02Corazon responded:
I was on a beta blocker for hypertension, as I couldn't tolerate the drugs my [then> doctor was prescribing. My new doctor told me that I was at high risk of stroke if I didn't switch to Losartin, and I would "live a few years longer if I did". I tried the 250mg he prescribed and had severe leg cramps. Since I have metal plates in one leg due to an accident this was painful. I got the dose reduced to 120mg and got cramps in my back muscles, so painful that I couldn't sit up to get out of bed, or stand erect when I rolled out. My heart rate had been very fast; I got red, itchy hands and itched in various other places on my body: Dizziness and thirst. I have taken myself off this drug and am just using Acetominophen for the pain. If this is what it takes to "live a few years longer", then forget about it.

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 34 found this helpful