Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Losartan potassium generic
glojudd posted:
I am kind of new at this, but after looking up losartan and finding out so many people were having same problems as myself, I wanted to say a few things too. My doctor started me on cozaar one year ago 50 mg. a day. At first I was fine. B ut I guess because our ins. co. was not paying for that anymore, the walmart ppharmacy filled with generic potassium, & said nothing to me about it, I looked at bottles from before & it said cozaar 50 mg. , now I look at bottle & it is losartan potassium 50 mg. For the past couple months I have had very severe headaches, eye pain, chest pain, my doctor thought I was having migrane headaches & sinus infection & upper respitory infection & put me on anti-biotic, and migrane meds & another blood pressure med to take at bedtime, vverapamil 120mg er, pain med wwhich did not even touch severe headache. I have never in my life had a headache & eye pain like I have been having, and my heart pounding, severe neck pain in bback, back pain, stomach pain, leg cramps, bruising, etc. The list just goes on. Thank-you all for your input on webMD. If there is a class action suit, I will want to be a part of this, absolutely. I felt as if I was going to die for real.

02Corazon responded:
I was on a beta blocker for hypertension, as I couldn't tolerate the drugs my [then> doctor was prescribing. My new doctor told me that I was at high risk of stroke if I didn't switch to Losartin, and I would "live a few years longer if I did". I tried the 250mg he prescribed and had severe leg cramps. Since I have metal plates in one leg due to an accident this was painful. I got the dose reduced to 120mg and got cramps in my back muscles, so painful that I couldn't sit up to get out of bed, or stand erect when I rolled out. My heart rate had been very fast; I got red, itchy hands and itched in various other places on my body: Dizziness and thirst. I have taken myself off this drug and am just using Acetominophen for the pain. If this is what it takes to "live a few years longer", then forget about it.

Helpful Tips

Top 17 Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
One of the leading causes of deaths, not only in America but worldwide, is heart complication. This may pertain to heart attack, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center