Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Not sure of what to do
An_246944 posted:
I often get migraines that last for several hours, but is durable. This migraine is different, I've had it for two days, no appetite, motion sickness, serious nausea(I don't vomit much), impaired vision, strong sensitivity to light, and no matter what I take it hasn't helped. Just took my blood pressure 140/87. Should I go to the hospital? I've never really had any major health concerns before.

billh99 responded:
This is not the place to get medical recommendations.

But the general guidelines any symptoms that are bad enough to start questioning that you need to get those looked at.

I would normally suggest that you go to an urgent care clinic if you don't have a regular doctor.

But if you need some advanced test, like a CT, you would have to go the hospital anyway.

Many hospitals and many insurance companies have Dial A Nurse services. You might wall them if you are not sure.

Personally, if I understand you symptoms, I would go to the ER.

Helpful Tips

Tool to track your blood pressure
Hi, I have a friend who has high blood pressure as does pretty much his whole family. His doctor asks them to regularly take their bp and ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center