Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

bad headaches an high blodd pressure
caseylee posted:
i've been having very bad headaches where it hurts so bad all over fore hhead top of my head an houlders an neck man its bad all over. an my ZBP been running high 152/92 don't feel good an can;t keep focus an feel light headed sometime im going to my dr this week to see whats going on its an all day thing with these headaches i take something an they go away for a bit an right back can't take it no more can u guys tell me anything

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Caseylee and Welcome -

Hopefully you have been able to get in to your doctor to have this checked out, if not please call and schedule an appointment.

Unfortunately, without an exam and knowing more about your health history it is difficult to guess what's going on.

These resources may provide information to discuss with your doctor -

Hypertension/High Blood Pressure Health Center
Headaches Health Center

Be sure to check back in to let us know what you found out and how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Scottishfold12 responded:
I also get bad headaches when my pressue get to be 150/90. ItIt makes me feel terrible and Tylenol doesn't work! My head aches are in my forehead also. Had a headCT aand it was negative. My MD said I just must be very sensitve. It sucks, once your BP comes down they will go away.

Mel62vin responded:
I was having the same problem it was caused from Stress/ I had terrible muscle and shoulder pain that went up into my head. I went back on clonasepam and in two days I was fine.

FredLes85 responded:
Please go to the Dr- that is the first thing you need to do and don't stop going when they don't want to do anything about high blood pressure. Monitor your blood pressure several times a week at different times a day - The Mayo Clinic also puts out a great book called the "Dash DIet" onhow to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol with diet. But, we can't always lower it with diet - sometimes it's genetics. Keep on top of it - good luck.

Helpful Tips

Tool to track your blood pressure
Hi, I have a friend who has high blood pressure as does pretty much his whole family. His doctor asks them to regularly take their bp and ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center