Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Blood Pressure, chest discomfort, achy neck/back
An_248636 posted:
I went into the ER last week with a bp of 216/112 (normally its 128/80), achy neck/back, nausea, belching and chest discomfort....I was treated and sent to a cardiologists for a follow up due to an abnormal ekg. They put me on a bp med, did a stress test and we're waiting on the results.My bp has been ranging around 100/78, but I am exhausted and still very achy on the back and up the left side of my neck and back left shoulder blade..could this be a pinched nerve in my back?

crazy.....

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon -

I'm sorry to hear about how you have been feeling. Unfortunately, it is difficult to guess what's going on without an exam and knowing much more about your history, but you should definitely ask your doctor to followup on these pains.

Our Symptom Checker may offer some additional information for you to discuss with your doctor.

Be sure to check back in to let us know what you find out. Sharing your experience will really help others in this community.

Hoping you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Tool to track your blood pressure
Hi, I have a friend who has high blood pressure as does pretty much his whole family. His doctor asks them to regularly take their bp and ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center