Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Cozaar and insomnia
Scottishfold12 posted:
Has anyone experienced insomnia with cozaar? I have been on it for a week and had to stop taking it. Sleeping 2 hours a night with Ambien. When will I be able to sleep normal again. I also take Toprol but was already on that before the cozaar. Side effects so frustrating! Help!

billh99 responded:
Everyone is different and when you are on a several meds they can have interactions that are less known.

You can lookup the individual meds here.

http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/alpha_a.htm

But your pharmacist is probably the best source for information on this.

And ask them if they have a suggestion on different classes of BP meds that might be better in this respect. And if they do have a suggestion then contact your doctor for a change.

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center