Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

recently diagnosed and scared
Scottishfold12 posted:
I was recently dx with HTN and taking meds. I am already in shape eat wee and don't smoke, all hereditary. I'm only 41 and never had any medical problems before. I am having a lot of anxiety about my bP getting high, which I know doesn't help. My numbers have come down but I'm still anxious about it and worst I fear all the side effects of the meds! I could use any support I can get. I know it could be worse and I could have have something more serious, but I still am worrying all the time. I hate how I feel on meds!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Scottishfold12 -

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and you are right, the worry and anxiety doesn't help at all.

You didn't mention what your pressures have been or if your doctor recommended any life style changes to help lower your pressures.

Please talk with your doctor regarding the side effects and check out our Hypertension Health Center and Treatment Options for much more information.

Check back in to let us know how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Sleep Apnea and Uncontrolled hypertension
Greetings!! I have had about all the symptoms, testing that you all are talking about. Go to a good Sleep /Pulmonary Physician because ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center