Holiday Fallout
ChristoGato posted:
Hello, I am 34 years old and 3 months ago my doctor told me that my blood pressure was in the pre-hyper-tension range. So a few days ago I am running to catch my flight, and at TSA security I almost pass out because it feels like a 100 degrees coming in from the cold in Atlanta. I start getting dizzy and breathing hard. I had the feeling you get before you throw up, only my stomach was empty. So I go to the guard desk and I cool down for a while, after 10 minutes my I start feeling better and they stand me up and take my blood pressure. It was ( 150 / 110). They said for a person with high blood pressure that's normal and your body would be used to it, but because I have just developed high blood pressure, my brain & body doesn't know what's going on. Or there is the chance that the salmon I ate the night before was bad, and my body was fighting the food virus in the 15 minutes that I was having this attack. I have no history of anxiety, vertigo, or persistent motion sickness. And I don't smoke. Any ideas??

ChristoGato responded:
Same person posting this. I am 6 ' 2" 165 lbs and I run marathons.

billh99 responded:
I would not trust the medical expertise of a security guard.

It is possible that you where having an anxiety attack.

But your symptoms could very well indicate a heart problem.

You should see your doctor about this.