Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

High Blood Pressure Medication
kboaler posted:
Hi Everyone,

My father was taking Accuretic and Norvasc for his high blood pressure for a few years but he was getting horrible night terrors. He sometimes would be screaming while sleeping/dreaming. He switched the Norvasc about a month ago and now has horrible insomnia and can never sleep, can't even take naps during the day.

Can anyone suggest a combo of medication that they have had luck with. Unfortunately his blood pressure is high and has to take two meds.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kevin

sunny1963 responded:
I have had high blood pressure for years, and I refuse to take medication for it. I was told by my daughter who is a RN that if I didn't get my blood pressure under control soon she was going to drage me into a doctor. well, I have been doing alot of reading on taking apple cider vinager. and I tried many different ones. But the bragg's organic with mother has worked wonders. I take 1 table spoon in a full glass of water both morning and night. I can't believe how it lowered my BP. I was 146/98 to 168/115 for a long time. today my daughter took it and it was 127/86 I have been doing good now for about a week. what a difference. but if you are on medication right now, you need to be carefull when taking something else. I don't believe in taking medication and I will do anything to not take it. and this is working for me so far.

NomoreMeds replied to sunny1963's response:
I am so happy you had good results with Bragg's. I have been reading a lot about it and I want to try it. I am on two blood pressure medications at the moment and my blood pressure is still too high. I want to stop taking them since they aren't working and try the natural route. How long before you saw an improvment and did your blood pressure go higher when you first started taking it>

Helpful Tips

Student looking for Opinions
I am a student at Brown University in Providence, RI, USA doing a project on constant blood pressure monitoring. Instead of using a blood ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center