Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

36 yrs old male who is in great shape but has high blood pressure
abfelty posted:
My husband has been having trouble with high blood pressure. He eats right and exercises daily. He is not over weight. BP has been running between 122/64 and 132/68 with normal activity. 153/73 after working out. This is with medication once a day (Lisinopril 10mg). He has only been taking the medication for 1 week. He saw his family practice doctor. Should he be seeing a cardiologist? He is only 36 yrs old.

billh99 responded:
122/64-132/68 is not high enough to for medical treatment. Or is this the readings after he was on Lisinopril?

During exercise BP will normally rise, but after it will drop to normal or even less. But I don't know how quickly. When I was in cardiac rehab BP was tested after HR returned to normal. So I don't know how quickly or under what conditions his BP was taken.

It can take up to a couple of weeks before the effects of BP meds to reach steady state so I would not be concerned yet.

But tell his doctor what he is seeing for BP. He might want to adjust the meds. And if this continues then have him discuss his concerns and depending on risk factors (specially family history) then the might want him to get a stress test or many be an ambulatory BP test .

PS. It has been found that taking BP meds at night is more effective than taking it during the day.

enymed responded:
You may try Fruit Enzyme Suppliment. google Drinking Enzyme. It can bring blood pressure back to normal. If you need more info, email me.

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center