Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Fluctuating BP
ashok69 posted:
from 120/75 tp 150.79.I am 81 male.Some swelling of ankles.As such my all health parameters are normal except Sodium 130.Is this serious?

billh99 responded:
No medical professional responds in this forum.

Anon_320 responded:
It sound like your sodium is just very slightly under the low end of normal.

There are several things that can cause swelling of the ankles; here's an article that talks about some possible causes. You really should see your doctor about it.

ashok69 replied to Anon_320's response:
I feel gratified by your showing the article about swelling of ankles.I am discussing with my doctor.Thanks

RickTy responded:
150 is high but not critical. I have had similar results but just started drinking two cups of beet juice a day and meditating and my top number has gone down by 15 - 20 points due to these activities.

Helpful Tips

Top 17 Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
One of the leading causes of deaths, not only in America but worldwide, is heart complication. This may pertain to heart attack, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center