Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Lisinopril
saltlakemom posted:
I have been taking 10 mg/day of Lisinopril for 9 months. It has been very effective in controlling my blood pressure, but I have experienced many of the side effects others have complained about such as the cough and reflux, but the one that is most concerning is hair loss. I am a 53 yr. old female, so part of that may be due to menopause, but I am starting to notice it more and more and looking back it started getting really bad about a month or 2 after starting Lisinopril so I did some research and found that others have also experienced this side effect. I have lost at least 35% of my hair. At this rate I will be bald in less than 3 years! I would like to stop taking any BP meds...I am not overweight, 120 lbs, and exercise 1 to 1.5 hours daily, so other than try to further reduce sodium and stress, I don't know what I could do. Reducing stress is impossible as I have to care for an autistic teenager!!! So I guess it's back to the doctor to try another BP medication.

billh99 responded:
While the common phrase is "reducing stress" in reality that means reducing your reaction to stress.

Not always as easy to do as to say.

One way is walking in a park or nature trail.
I don't know what kind of exercise that you get, studies have shown that walking in a natural setting reduces stress more than on a treadmill.

Other relation methods include yoga, meditation, and visual imagery.

Helpful Tips

Top 17 Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
One of the leading causes of deaths, not only in America but worldwide, is heart complication. This may pertain to heart attack, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center