Skip to content

Announcements

Home Blood Pressure Monitors: Tracking Made Easier

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

bp readings
An_250426 posted:
I am a 45 yr old female with high blood pressure & high cholesterol, in which I am taking meds for the past 5 years, including 1 baby aspirin per day. I am approx. 100 lbs over weight. I have bulging discs & bone detiriation in my lower back & a crushed painful left hip which makes my loosing all of these extra lbs extremely difficult. Today I over did it with exercise & cleaning, I am having chest pains over my right breast, pain n my left back shoulder blade, shortness of breath & confusion. My bp is 165 over 103 & hb are 99. I am extremely stressed & was arguing with spouse earlier in the day. I'm not sure if this is a panic attack & unsure if I should wake him @ 1 Am when he needs to be @ work @ 5 Am...... I don't want him to think I was just wanting attention.....

Helpful Tips

Relax
I find sitting down with a magazine or the newspaper for 15 minutes calms me and lowers my blood pressure. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful