Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

High blood pressure, numb left big toe, sore knee, and right jaw soreness
An_250659 posted:
For a couple weeks, the tip of my left big toe has mostly felt asleep/numb. At times, the tips of some of my left-hand fingers have felt the same. My knee started feeling sore/tingly in the past couple of days. My lower right jaw has been sore for a couple weeks as well.

My blood pressure has been high for a few years. It usually reads around 130/80 when I am taking medication and supplements. The past few days, it regularly reads between 140-160/80-90. My pulse is usually between 65 and 75.

I am on Diovan (200 mg daily) and take magnesium, vitamin D, fish oil, flax seed oil, and garlic supplements.

I smoke about five cigarettes a month. I usually get drunk one night a week and have maybe a drink or two during the rest of the week. I started drinking red wine nightly and my blood pressure has gone up.

I live in New York, and it has been a little cold lately. I work sitting at a desk for eight or so hours a day. Exercise little, but I do walk 15 minutes twice a day to work and back.

Any thoughts?

Helpful Tips

Tool to track your blood pressure
Hi, I have a friend who has high blood pressure as does pretty much his whole family. His doctor asks them to regularly take their bp and ... More
Was this Helpful?
46 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center