Skip to content

Announcements

Home Blood Pressure Monitors: Tracking Made Easier

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

Enough exercise?
DWC01 posted:
Will 3 days/wk of weight training (30 mins ea) and 3 days of 30 mins brisk walking count as the 30 mins/day of needed exercise?

DWC01 responded:
Let me clarify hte question I had: Does the 150 mins need to be aerobic, or, is the combo of wt trng & aerobics enough?

billh99 responded:
For what purpose?

In general the health effects are a dose based response. What you are doing is probably enough to get a good, but minimal response.

However, if you are doing the weight training in a "circuit" where you keep your heart rate up all of the time they you are probably getting a very good work out.

If this is specifically for helping reduce BP my guess is that you need at least 90 minute of vigorous aerobics a week, plus some weight training.

That is based on my experience plus I did read some research papers. But I don't remember the specifics of the reports.

DWC01 replied to billh99's response:
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the information.

Helpful Tips

Relax
I find sitting down with a magazine or the newspaper for 15 minutes calms me and lowers my blood pressure. More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful