Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Blood Pressure Ups and Down, way up!
lille3shel posted:
My husband has been having uncontrollable high blood pressure for the last several years. At one time they thought it could be Malignant Hypertension but there have been randon times where it has been controlled for long ranges. He has had 8 stints put in to unblock arteries, they thought each time they made this fix it would solve things. Well it did but only for at the most weeks at a time. He ends up feeling his head pounding and he can tell the BP is up, way up! His numbers hit 210/140 at some points. So of course they get him in the hospital. He is on like 10 BP meds, nitris, all the goodies and he has an awesome cardiologist who I believe he knows his stuff. But he is even confused! He has had all kinds of tests to rule out any other problems. They have checked thyroid, liver, kidney, etc. On top of this he has a shoulder that is torn and needs surgery but keeps getting delayed cuz of the stints plus he has anxiety and panic problems. I don't think the pain and anxiety are the sole reasons for the spikes but they don't help. Any thoughts on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!

billh99 responded:
Have they checked his adrenal gland?

lille3shel replied to billh99's response:
Funny he was just in the hospital for a 238/140 BP! And they are going to check that this time. Apparently, the results take a few days to get back. But I had read some stuff about adrenaline being a possible cause. Thanks Bill!

Helpful Tips

Blood pressure
I would like to know what couph medicine I can take with out my blood pressure going up. My dr gave me a inhaler, but sometimes it's not ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 11 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center