Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

hypertension along with insulin dependent diabetes
talkr1064 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with high bp (213/130) and diabetes at the same time. I have alot of questions, no primary dr, and the one the hosp set me up with has cancelled the appt, next avail is 2.5 weeks from now. Hoping someone here can help. My sugar ranges from 88 to the 400's, trying to be controlled with metforman and humulin 70/30, not working out so well. I work in food service and it gets really hot at my job. What happens is I get hot, start sweating in places I didn't know I could, start getting really shaky, spagetti legs, my arms feel like they weigh 40 lbs, and have to sit. I take my sugar and its up around 200 or higher. I thought those symptoms happened when sugar got low, not high, but not for me. My question is this: which is happening first, I get hot, my sugar goes up, and then I get the symptoms, or I get hot, my bp goes up, that affects my sugar...I don't know, but I need help figuring out what my priority should be...Please respond quickly Need info!!

billh99 responded:
You would be better off asking these questions in a forum for diabetes.

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 17 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center