Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

high bp and other things
jdunbar posted:
Hello, new to this. Probs started around dec 2012. feeling shaky, thought it was blood sugar but it wasn't. dealt with this until feb. then I had an anxiety/panic attack. 3 days in a row at the ER. BP has always been up and down and on a water pill. They put me on Zoloft and Colanzepan did not work. Then my legs and arms started to get shaky on inside and weak. Heart palpitations occasionally. just feeling like my heart is going a hundred miles per hour and beating hard to where I could feel it through my whole body and literally see it beating through my shirt and coat. My one dr. kept saying it was just anxiety for 7 months. Finally went to a new dr and she tested my vitamins- low on potassium, B12 and D. Taking these for almost 2 months now and still have the hard beating heart and shaky. Just plain tired and wore out. Put me on beta blocker, and still nothing. More tests run, ultrasound on thyroid (neg) going for nuclear this Thursday as we have family history. Each blood test shows increased norepinephrine. had scan to check for adrenal cyst but neg. Took cipro for level of 30 protein in urine cuz apparently I had somekind of infection and didn't even know.
We also have a family history of essential tremor. Hands will sometimes jerk when I am using them. Cannot eat very well because my insides are shaky and it just makes me sick. I have lost 40 lbs since March. Sometimes I will just start dry heaving and just throwing up phlem. So tired of this and just want to be my old self. what ever is going on has led to the anxiety and depression. Going to have echo done on my heart and trying to schedule appt with endocrinologist.
wore a 24 heart monitor and that came back ok as well.
Also my blood pressure seems to be elevated when I am up. been keeping log on both arms. yesterday all I was doing was some small house work and bp was 142/106 pulse 104 but after in bed for 1 hour it was 130/80 p 77. then up again this morning for 1 hour and it was143/107 p 98. Sorry this is so long just need some advice.
Thank you

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center