Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    blood pressure
    ineedtostopworrying posted:
    im 18 I had a kidney transplant 3 years ago. ive been diagnose with hbp . I worry a lot. but I was wondering how long does it take if your bp is high to develop serious conditions?
    billh99 responded:
    No medical professional responds in this forum.

    And even if one did, they could not answer this. There are so many differences from person to person. And how high is "high
    blood pressure"? And is it constant or does it spike?

    Different people respond differently to anxiety, stress, and worry. For me it can drastically affect my BP.

    But there are a number of things that you can do to help control it.

    Meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercise, and similary are all things that can trigger the Relaxation Response.

    Counseling can also be helpful. Specially I can see this at your age and dealing with the transplant. I assume that you regularly see a kidney doctor for a checkup. Tell him of your worries and ask him about counseling.

    Let me know how things work out for you.

    Helpful Tips

    Walk a Little
    Just taking a short walk can help your blood pressure. More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center