Skip to content
Blood pressure med
marybethb posted:
I started taking bystolic yesterday, but my pressure is still at 150/94. Should I have seen improvement, or does it take awhile. I was on ziac before bystolic.
billh99 responded:
No medical professional normally responds in this forum.

Both are beta blockers, but Ziac also includes a diuretic.

I was under the impression that beta blockers would work in a day or two, but I might be wrong.

Check with your pharmacist. They would know.

While there are some medical conditons where beta blockers are recommended in, in general, for uncomplicated high BP the current recommendations are to start a diuretic, an ACEinhbitor and/or calcium channel blocker.
billh99 replied to transformyourlife's response:
Statins are not used for blood pressure control.

And the med that was discussed in this thread was not a statin.

Stop spamming the forum.

Helpful Tips

I have been taking lisinopril for 5 years but recently in the last 3 months I have an unexplained rash on my arms that does not go away. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center