Skip to content

Announcements

Home Blood Pressure Monitors: Tracking Made Easier

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

high blood while walking
gerri1947 posted:
I have been out of hospital three days from having a Tia. Of course I was lying down every time they took my pressure. As soon as I got home I lye down and the later I went to bathroom and then kitchen to get a drink, felt really weird my was raising, I took my blood pressure and it was 155 over 110. I lay still for 15 minutes and took it again and it was 123 over 77. So now I've noticed every time I get up and walk to kitchen or bathroom my blood pressure goes extremely high. And when I sit or lye down it goes back down. I am very scared I will have another stroke. You see my blood pressure has always ran low, like 107 over 66, and now I cannot do anything without it going very high. What should I do?

billh99 responded:
Blood pressure fluctuates all the time.

The standard is defined as setting and rested. It is expected that the BP will increase on "exercise". I don't know how much it should rise on a situation like your mention.

You need to talk to your doctor about this. And ask if having an ambulatory BP test would be useful.

Helpful Tips

Amlodipine and nausea
I had taken amlodipine for about a week and it was giving me a nauseous feeling and a little dizziness for most of the day. I wondered if ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful