Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

High Lately
scrapdad27 posted:
My BP the Last 2 days has been 149/94. I'm on Linsopril to lower it and it's usually around 128/80. I just saw my Dr. on Thursday and it was normal. Should I be concerned. I've worked 15 hours a day on Friday and Saturday and i'm not sure if it's just lack of rest or if I need to go in?

billh99 responded:
149/94 is high, but it is still the first stage of hypertension. (140/90 - 159/99)

BP fluctuate wildly. Stress and anxiety can cause an increase. Even something as simple as being cut off in traffic.

As can pain, minor illness, and lack of sleep.

Watch it for a week. If it is still high call the doctors nurse and see if they want to see you again.

Helpful Tips

Top 17 Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
One of the leading causes of deaths, not only in America but worldwide, is heart complication. This may pertain to heart attack, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center