Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

My BP Values : Should I be concerned?
janedoeroi posted:
17-6-2014 12:42 PM
(systolic/diastolic - pulse)
131/94 - 102

17-6-2014 7:50 PM
110/92 - 105

18-6-2014 01:31 PM
121/93 - 102

18-6-2014 07:55 PM
126-83 - 112

19-6-2014 02:54 PM
118/86 - 99

These are my BP values. I am a 20 year old female. Is this normal?

Is this just anxiety or something else. I have other conditions, should I list them also?

How can I control this condition with diet?

I hear that once I use tablets for BP I have to use it for the rest of my life. Is it true?!

billh99 responded:
I hear that once I use tablets for BP I have to use it for the rest of my life. Is it true?!

No, often if the underlying condition can be improved by lifestyle modifications.

The basics are to eat Real Food, and reduce packaged & prepared foods as much as possible.

Lose weight if needed.

And get regular exercise.

Normal BP is under 120/80. First stage hypertension is where either the top is above 140 or the bottom above 90. Thus you are barely in that range part of the time.

And normal resting HR is 70-100.

Is this just anxiety or something else

It is might be, but there is no way to tell over the internet.

But one thing is to make sure that you are "calm" before taking your BP. No exercise, alcohol, or caffeine shortly before taking the test. And have your arm at heart level, feet on the floor and back supported.

And your BP early in the morning and late at night is more indicative of your BP.

I have other conditions, should I list them also?

I assume that you are regularly seeing a doctor. I would discuss this at your next appointment. But no need to make an appointment just for this.

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center