bood pressure monitors
An_257837 posted:
I have an old model 608 that measure with the read outs covering the wrist with the palm facing upward. My pressure strated with high reading of 160 over 80 down to 140 over 80. After a few days of natural measures and suplements my pressure came down to 127 over 75 for a 68 year old male. When I called the company omron they said that I needed to order a newer version so I did, the new version measured the blood pressure with the read out measurements being aligned with the thumb. This felt like it was stranling my wrist and my pulse shot up and my reading went way up to somewhere between 150 over 100 down to 148 over 80 but always with a fast pulse do to the extensive pressure when it inflated. So I went out and bught two other monitors wrist tech and north american, that also had the read outs facing the bottom of the palm rather then the thumb. All three readouts gave me an average of 133 over 80. I then had a girl test hers on all three of the units and they all matched with her pressure at 115 over 80. So my question why do I get extremely high readings from the omron which aligns with my thumb with the readings and consistanlly normal reading with all the units that measure from the bottom of the palm facing up. Could it be that my small wrist or that I have a sensativity to the added pressure with the unit that aligns on the side of my wriost towards the thumb and this cause my pressure to rise and my pulse rate to rise, while the other monitors fhat use the old way of measuring from the wrist with the palm facing me does not stangle my wrist and gives me the lower readings.