Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    High Blood Pressure
    cwc34 posted:
    Hey! I'm 35, male, and athletic and my blood pressure is high. It was 150 over something and 140 over something when they checked it at the dentist. I wasn't nervous so that's not the reason my blood pressure was high. I exercise a lot and want to ask this forum could I have a stroke or something? Do I need to go see a doctor ASAP about my blood pressure being high? In my family, all the men have heart disease and just wanted to let y'all know that if that helps anyone to explain or answer my question on high blood pressure. Thanks
    billh99 responded:
    In most case high BP does not cause an immediate problem.

    However, it does cause damage to the blood vessels which over the years can lead to a stroke or heart disease.

    And with your family history it is something that needs to be looked at.

    So yes, see your doctor.

    Helpful Tips

    3 reasons your iPhone is better than pen and paper for tracking blood pressure
    1. Reminders to help you never miss a reading! When you track your blood pressure (BP) with an App, it's always with you. You can ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center