HBP and fainting
khamilton33 posted:
My boyfriend has Diabetes Type II as well as high blood pressure. Doctor put him on Coreg, Lisinopril 40 mg, and Hydrochlorthiazide 25 mg...he passes out when he takes all three meds together and his doctor says that it isn't the meds, but he wasn't passing out before the meds came onboard...it worries me...any suggestions?

run2bhealthy4life responded:
That is not normal AT ALL. Take him to a different doctor ASAP- you may even want to consider the ER if the problem persists. Good luck!

ScratchGolf responded:
I was on Lisinopril and sometimes my BP went very low and I did faint a few times. Suggestion: Use a home BP monitor and check your BP before dosing and then a reasonable time afterward. Keep a daily log along with a comment about how you felt at each reading. When you go to the doctor's office and get a normal reading it doesn't mean that your BP was normal all day. Show the log to your doctor and give him/her a fair shot at knowing how these meds affect you.

sundevil95 responded:
I used to take Lisinopril and HCTZ. I took Lisinopril (and atenolol) before I went to bed instead of in the morning because i used to feel a little woozy. When I took it at night, I would be asleep and not feel the side effects and then I'd be okay during the day. Have your boyfriend check with his doctor or get another opinion about taking it at night instead. But still take the HCTZ during the day otherwise he'll have to get up during the night to use the bathroom.

shaaawwnaa responded:
Hello! In today's world we must be very carefgul of what enters our bodies! I too was on Lisinopril/Hctz for hypertension, I als fainted! It IS the medicine! I am no longer on it and haven't fainted nor felt faint, but I am not saying to quit the meds. Check with a cardiologist first. A good cardiologist prescribes the best meds for each person since we all are different!!! Also: be careful not to get up too fast after laying down!!!! that will make you faint too! Wishing you luck and god bless you!!!