Skip to content

Announcements

Home Blood Pressure Monitors: Tracking Made Easier

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

more med = higher p/b
mtnmiller posted:
have type 1 diabetes & my blood pressure was border line high, my dr. put me on 5mg of lasinopril it went higher so i was told to take 20 mg, it went higher yet, i am now on azor 10/40 & 50mg of metoprolol, blood pressure still out of control running around 160/110 it seems like the higher dosage im given the higher it goes. has anybody had any problems like this & if so what was done to take care of it. any help would be appreciated, my dr. doesnt seem to have the answers.

wyosunshine responded:
make sure that you are not taking acid reflux meds the doctors will tell you that it is ok but i fought the same for 4 years and had to finally figure it out myself. hope this helps.

derfberger responded:
get a new Doctor.

Diabetes, high blood pressure.

He should be ordering a M R A for your kidneys to check for arterial blockage (renal hypertension) . running tests on creatinine and renin levels. testing for hyper adrenalism, adrenal cancer, hyperaldosteronism

Helpful Tips

Amlodipine and nausea
I had taken amlodipine for about a week and it was giving me a nauseous feeling and a little dizziness for most of the day. I wondered if ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful