Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

High blood pressure, age 22 years old
dcnewk posted:
I've had high blood pressure now for 2-3 months., Im a 22 year old female. highest, 150/99, lowest, today 140/90. Can anyone give any insight on what they have done to lower it, besides taking prescription drugs. Ive been to my doctor 3 times now, and they are advising, no salt, more exercise, etc. I exercise everyday, have always been that way, and not over weight at all. No headaches, and when I went to Dr. back in May, it was 110/77 ! Thank you

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi dcnewk,

I am sorry to hear about your recent change in blood pressure. This High Blood Pressure Prevention article from WebMD might give you some different ideas to look at with your diet (such as benefits of potassium and low-fat calcium). There are also Alternative Treatments , such as herbal therapies and acupuncture that some people do use. I wish you the best and hope that you find something that works best for you soon!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Helpful Tips

Top 17 Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
One of the leading causes of deaths, not only in America but worldwide, is heart complication. This may pertain to heart attack, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center